I'm the problem... Are you?

Posted by Colston | | Posted On Thursday, November 4, 2010

Since I dont post a lot, I thought instead of explaining whats going on right now I would simply share something that I have learned the hard way since the last post.

I'm the problem. Yes, thats right I'm the problem. Now... your turn! You say it. Go on, say it out loud right now. "I'm the problem".... I'm the problem!!!

Now that you have admitted that your the problem, the problem can now move in a direction of getting resolved. Until you admit that you are responsible and you are part of the problem, it will never get fixed.

I have learned in the last few months that with the majority of problems I have encountered, that I am part of the problem. Since I am part of 99% of my problems there is a 99% success rate that the problems can be resolved. The reason being, I'm willing to change.

In a conversation about marriage and relationships with a friend, who is single and looking, she asked if marriage is really work. The obvious answer is YES its a lot of work! But I had to stop and analyze that statement... "why is it a lot of work" "why does marriage come across as difficult" "why do people give up and leave"

Then it hit me- I'm the problem. I believe the reason that marriage comes across in this light is that most people refuse to admit that they are part of the problem. When you do this, you are refusing to change who you are. Within marriage, until you realize that your part of the problem and you need to change then your always going to be frustrated.
I think this is applicable to just about any issue you find yourself in life.
Admit that your part of the problem... then change what needs to be changed... Simple formula on paper much more difficult in reality.

Comments:

There are 0 comments for I'm the problem... Are you?